Thursday, December 24, 2009

So, here in America it is Christmas Eve - and although I don't celebrate this Holiday, I used to in my former life. That is probably why I felt like I had to have an amazing and naughty meal tonight. It's only a few days past the winter solstice, it's cold out, pitch black already at 4.00. My husband had to work and I had a full day to myself. I was dreaming of a plate of pasta, not a White You-know-What!

A delightful meal was definitely required! I sauteed pancetta, portobello mushrooms, minced red onions, and finely chopped cauliflower in a mixture of butter and olive oil in the Copper saute pan over a good hot heat. Paprika, salt, Aleppo pepper, black pepper and dried parsly were added. Salted water for spaghetti was put on the back burner. After the pancetta/mushroom/cauliflower mixture was lovely and browned a few squirts of tomato paste were added and then a nice stream of pinot grigio was added. A few minutes later just a bit of light cream was folded in.

The spaghetti was put on. Pasta, sauce and a lovely good bit of Pecorino Romano were wed.

An Israeli salad was made quickly using Persian cukes, lovely small tomatoes, yellow pepper, and fresh parsly. The salad wore lemon, salt and pepper and olive oil.

Really really really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment